Foundation Jules Verne Archive and Library
Purpose of the foundation
The Stichting Jules Verne Archief en Bibliotheek (Foundation Jules Verne Archive and Library), formally established on 4 January 2005, aims to “set up, manage and maintain a library, consisting of publications in the broadest sense, that may be of interest to the members of the Dutch Jules Verne Society”.
Archive / Library
At this moment (November 2005), the library contains over 2000 items of all kinds. An extensive databse has been created and is constantly updated. It contains among others:
- Ca. 800 articles from newspapers, magazines and books, mostly related to Verne’s anniversaries (1878, 1903, 1905, 1928, 1930, 1953, 1955, 1978, 1980, 2005), or written on the occasion of new publications (in Dutch, German or French)
- Ca. 300 historic advertisements for books, films and theatre plays, reviews, programmes etc.
- Ca. 500 books and comics (mostly in Dutch, but also several original French Hetzel editions)
- Radio plays, films, etc., as well as announcements and programmes from TV guides
- Exhibition materials
- Magazines: Bulletin de la Société Jules Verne, Paris; Revue Jules Verne, Amiens
- And also: posters, postcards, bibliographies, catalogues, leaflets, correspondence, photos, a medal, press releases, advertisement materials, games, drawings, etc.
Board of directors
The members of the board of directors of the foundation are:
Frits Roest, president
Cees Moonen, secretary
Gerrit Boers, treasurer
For more information, you can contact the archivist:
Selection from the archive
On this website, we present a unique, regularly updated selection of items from the Jules Verne archive.
The Jules Verne Archive regularly publishes catalogues of the objects in its collection. So far, the following catalogues have appeared: